Before school begins
- Use active listening skills during discussions with your mentor. Take notes when appropriate and ask questions!
- Your mentor will provide honest feedback to help you grow and improve your skills. Accept it as an opportunity to strengthen and improve your professional practice. They are here to help you.
- Let your mentor know that you have followed their advice and/or suggestions, even if you have modified the suggestions. Point out that you used your mentor's help and share outcomes with your mentor. This will help foster a greater relationship with your mentor.
- Honor each other's time, be aware of what meeting time works for each other (duties, family time, personal time) .
- Be prepared to ask for specific guidance and advice. The more specific you can be, the easier it will be for your mentor to support you.
- Mentors are not there to evaluate you. They are here for your support as you grow as a teacher. We want to make the transition to MPS the best it can possibly be.